Monday, September 15, 2008

Message from John




"Yet again the Channel got the best of me! I started the swim at 9.20am. No pains only a bit of a chest infection. At 4 hours in, my right elbow was in pain. I slowed for an hour and got used to it. For the next 10 hours it slowed me an hour. As night fell at 8pm I had 8 miles to go. At 11pm I had 4 to go! It got rougher and the tide changed. At 11.30pm I had 6 miles to go! I was getting further away. My crew told me I had 8 hours to go then. I had 3-4 hours left in me and I was cold and had taken a bit too much salt water. It was hard to make the next call.

On the boat I went up forward to the cabin and got a call from my brother 15 minutes later to get out on deck ASAP. We were lucky as the boat just crashed into a tanker head on and our skipper did not see. 30 seconds later and I would not be here!

Thanks to everyone once again for your support and sorry for letting you down once again."

Your fans are very proud of you and look forward to having you home.

2 comments:

Gords said...

So sorry to read about your tide change John! Stay hungry.

M said...

just seen the youtube clip john, great effort, am sure with some video analysis of your stroke you can make it...do you know enda..a top man friend of mine
all the best
mark